Monday, April 9, 2012

Movies in Review: "American Pie"

Ummmmmmm...am I the only one who didn't know that this is the 4th movie since the original American Pie...wth. I thought this was the sequel...lol. So needless to say I never saw American Pie 2, or American Wedding. Now that I think about it I believe I saw the trailers for the other films, and none of them looked like they were worth seeing, but for some reason the trailer for American Reunion captured my attention. I felt that it was a perfect time to release this movie, and I liked the fact that all the original characters were returning.

Soooooo how was it? It was cool...It wasn't horrible, but I think a lot of that could be credited to Stifler. Honestly without him and his mother, the movie would have been a dud. All of the character's adult lives were pretty boring, but to make the storyline interesting, the writers played up on all the things that we loved about the original film. I was happy to see everyone return, and see Tara Reid get a check. Unfortunately, she was absolutely horrible. Reid was so stiff, and it seemed as if she was reading her lines off of a teleprompter. Her face had a Botox overdose because she had the same expression on her face throughout the whole movie. Poor Tara Reid...smh.

I can't say its better than the last 2 two sequels of the original (since I didn't see them), all I can say is that its nothing exceptional. There are better comedies in the theaters right now, so I only suggest this one for the theaters if you are a die hard American Pie fan. If you're not, you can definitely wait until this one hits a TV near you...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment