Monday, April 2, 2012

Movies in Review: "Wrath of the Titans"

Did we really need a sequel to the Clash of the Titans? I would say No. Who was honestly looking forward to seeing this movie. I didn't happen to think the trailer was super exciting, especially seeing Sam Worthington sport a that crazy mullet. His hair was definitely giving me a problem...but besides that, the movie wasn't that bad.

To be quite honest, it was predictable, and a lot like the first one. We do get introduced to some new characters, as well as old ones. Perseus now has a son, who has only one expression...lol. We are introduced to Ares the God of War played by Edgar Ramirez. I can't say I liked Ramirez as this character, or maybe it was his wig that was causing me the problem. I really can't say what it was, all I know is that he was my least favorite character.

I did enjoy the visual creativity, which definitely outdid the previous movie. My favorite sequence was the scene inside the maze building. The camera shots were amazing! There was plenty of movement, so although predictable, it was at least entertaining. Oh wait...I can't end this review without giving some love to Pegasus...the prettiest black horse with wings that I have ever seen. I love you Pegasus!

This movie is cool. Im sure you all know what to expect, and its not lacking in the entertainment aspect. I did not see it in 3D, but it looks like the graphics could be worth the price...B

No comments:

Post a Comment