Monday, April 23, 2012

Movies in Review: "Woman Thou Art Loosed, on the 7th Day"

Hmmmmmm...why did I go see this movie? Ummmmmm....Blair Underwood of course...Duh. Oh, and I can't forget about Sharon Leal. Yes I am also a fan of her work too. The trailer was interesting enough, but I really found myself wrapped up in the title, especially the extended 2nd part, "on the 7th day"...lol. Cracks me up every time I say it. Anyway...how was it?

I liked it, and let me be the first to tell you that Blair Underwood still has it going on! Whoooooo!!! That mans sex appeal hasn't diminished one bit. I enjoyed his chemistry with Leal. The story is interesting enough, with enough drama to get you vested. The slight twists keep the story from being totally boring. The production could have used a little work, but wasn't expecting anything exceptional in that area. I enjoyed almost everything about this film except Pam Grier's performance. Wow was she over doing it. She really could have benefited from a mild sedative. I don't know who gave her this line, "You got dat der?", but she said it more than I cared to hear...smh.

Although I liked the movie, in my honest opinion, its more suited for a rental. There was really nothing exceptional about the film as a whole. The premise is something that runs strong in many black films like these. Although if your Grandma or Auntie are in town, make this a go, this is definitely their type of movie...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment