Sunday, May 6, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Avengers"

The movie that everyone has anticipated since last year has finally been released. The Avengers frenzy has outdone anything I've heard from a movie release. I was getting many calls and text messages from friends who found themselves turning away from the theaters because of the crowds...smh. I went to the movies today considerably early trying to catch a 140pm show, only to find that it was sold out as well as all the shows after until 1120pm...wow. Luckily there are plenty of theatre choices in NYC, so I quickly moved to my next destination. I was able to get a ticket, and 40min before the show was scheduled to start people were already lined up outside. Everyone was excited and filled with anticipation.  And the cutest thing walked in the lined behind me, a father dressed like Captain America with shield in hand, and his two young sons both dressed like the Hulk...lol. Sorry to say I was unable to get a pic :(. Sooooooo was it worth it...........

It was cool. The movie had a corniness about it that irked e a little, but it didn't ruin the movie for me. I enjoyed all the characters, except Nick Fury...smh. I love you Samuel L. Jackson, but you are part of the corniness that I am referring too. I honestly didn't believe him as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I don't know, he just wasn't doing it for me :/. But thank goodness everyone else was amazing. My favorite characters were Tony Stark and The Hulk...absolutely hilarious. Mark Ruffalo you did your thing as David Banner. I was exceptionally pleased especially since I was still wishing for Edward Norton...lol.

Captain America as I predicted got outdone in every scene that included Iron Man or Thor. But that is to be expected since his powers don't compare to the other two. However I did like that the film worked to expose what makes Captain America so special. He is fearless and a natural born leader, and that is the place he took in the film...loved that. The characters were great separately but even better together.

I enjoyed the film very much. Hopefully with the 2nd installment we are able to get introduced to other great characters, hopefully to replace Fury, and Black Widow...I'm sorry, but they weren't my favorites. This movie has violence, but is still great for the kids, especially if you have sons. This movie will provide a family outing that everyone will enjoy. I was hoping to catch it in IMAX 3D, but it was sold out, and I had to settle for just 3D. The visuals are great so spending the extra cash for IMAX is worth it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment