Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Movies in Review: "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle"

Jumanji was definitely the movie I was most looking forward to this weekend, the bonus was that my 5yr old sidekick was also super interested in seeing this film. The film boasts a PG-13 rating, so I was a little worried it wasn't right for someone his age, but I also he has seen worse, so I still took my chances. The buzz around this film had me with the highest expectations, especially since the first film was so amazing, a sequel was real ambitious. With an outstanding cast, I think everyone wanted to know how the film faired with the passing of Robin Williams.~fingers crossed

What really drove this movie was definitely the cast. The action wasn't as great as I had hoped, but the entertainment value was still on 100. My kid had a ball watching this film and was laughing and jumping with excitement all over his seat. I had to tell him to calm down more than a few times (yes films excite him as much as me...lol). What I loved is the Jumanji characters played by Rock, Hart, Black and cast acted just like the people they were in the real world. That definitely upped the comedic factor. Rock and Hart are a great comedic pair, but you add in Jack Black made it even more magical. I am still laughing at some of the exchanges that were had on-screen. A very well cast film. 


This movie has some great moments, and the best part is that it is laugh out loud funny. I took my 5yr old and he loved it. The audience was filled with other young viewers who also had a ball, so I'd call this family fun entertainment. I enjoyed this movie as much as I had hoped to, and I think you will too...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment