Monday, December 18, 2017

Movies in Review: "Ferdinand"

The kid in me loves a good animated film. Although not all animated features appeal to me, this one definitely did, it also didn't hurt that my kid was also more than excited about this one too. What appealed to me about this film was the cute story and John Cena cast as the bull. I found the casting for this character very fitting and was more than interested to see how Cena would do (although I felt he would be great). I had little doubt my kid and I would enjoy this one.

I was quite surprised the theater had more adults filling the seats than kids. There were actually adult couples checking out the film together. I guess they were fans of the book, which the movie was based...lol. This was definitely a movie that can be enjoyed by all ages, a fun family movie. John Cena was the perfect person to voice Ferdinand, and Kate Mckinnon was voicing Lupe the goat. The movie has a number of interesting characters, but these two were definitely my favorite. The animation wasn't anything out of the box, but was still beautiful and enough to keep the audience's attention. 


Unfortunately this film opened the same weekend as the latest Star Wars film, so it did not get the shine it actually deserved. This film is based on a children's book, which I never read, but I am now going to purchase for my kid's book collection (he loves books). If you are looking for a movie this coming holiday weekend to check with the family, I would recommend Ferdinand, or of course Coco...lol...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment