Monday, December 18, 2017

Movies in Review: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

I am not a diehard Star Wars fan. As a matter of fact, the Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the first film from this franchise I was able to watch all the way through. These movies have the longest running times for any film franchise which is probably the reason I was never able to watch them when I was young. I just didn't have the patience to sit through a 3hr movie then ~shrugs. However I was surprised how much I enjoyed The Force Awakens, and my excitement when I watched the trailer for The Las Jedi. I thought The Force Awakens was a little corny, but still entertaining enough to have me wanting to see this latest installment. My expectations weren't high, however I did expect this film to be at least as good as the last.

I got far more than I expected from this movie. This was definitely the best Star Wars film so far. I really wish they could get a hold on the running time, but besides that, this film was a master piece. I have found that these Star Wars films can be a bit corny, and at times overloaded with characters and subplots, not the case here. This story was more focused this go round and developed beautifully. This film, in my opinion, was far less corny, but still had the humor you love about these films. Although this film wasn't as fast paced as the other films and lacked some visually riled scenes, the scenes it did have were true works of art. I loved the red salt scenes, very beautifully done. I also loved the chase through the red crystal mine and the mirror scene with Rey, which all had me going "Wow".


Most fans weren't the biggest fans of this film, but it was definitely my favorite to watch. I loved the story, I thought it was easy to follow, and wasn't full of corny lines and characters, which annoyed me about the earlier films. This installment had more balance, which I enjoyed. Again that running time could stand to be decreased, but other than that, this film is a winner...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment