Monday, December 11, 2017

Movies in Review: "The Disaster Artist"

This film was based on the story of how the cult hit "The Room" came to the big screen. I've never watched The Room, nor did I have any interest, however I did find the trailer for The Disaster Artist to be more than interesting. I'm a fan James Franco and Seth Rogen on screen together. They make hilarious and strangely entertaining films. I laughed each time I watched the trailer, so I knew I wanted to see what this film was about. I became even more interested in the film when I saw how critics were raving over it. I thought their praises would probably prove to be more than the film deserved, but I had to see for myself.

I seriously enjoyed the movie, but I can't say I was singing the same praises as critics...at first. Before seeing the film I researched The Room and read up on Tommy Wiseau, who is a very interesting man. Someone who James Franco did a phenomenal job at portraying. The story of Tommy's and Greg's friendship, and how The Room came about just seemed unreal. I wasn't laughing as hard as other audience members, but I did laugh here and there. You would seriously sit there and think the film was an exaggeration of the actual events, but it wasn't. My favorite part about the film is when they did the side by side comparison of the original film, and the one being depicted in this film. Everyone was spot on, and to see the comparison made the experience of this film so much better.


I can't say I'd ever watch The Room, as it looked pretty horrible from what I could tell in this movie, however The Disaster Artist did spark a little interest to see it. This film is seriously all around crazy, and real. A job well done by the cast with spot-on performances. I enjoyed this movie, but I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. If you found the trailer entertaining, then I think this is a movie you will enjoy...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment