Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Movies in Review: "Molly's Game"

Although the trailer for this film wasn't riveting, I am a huge fan of Chastain, and I have love for Elba. So needless to say, I went to see this film based on the cast. My interest was also peaked by the favorable reviews it was receiving from critics and audiences. I didn't think the film would be bad, and I was definitely planning to see it. However I wasn't running to the theater. I don't know, perhaps it was just my personal mood, or the overload of films being released this holiday season. Who am I kidding...I think it had more to do with the 2.5 hr running time this movie had. Time is of the essence, and a film better be worth me losing almost 3hrs of it...lol.

I definitely did not doubt the performances, which were exceptional from Chastain and Elba. The film started out great. I loved the way it was directed, and how Chastain's character narrated throughout. Chastain is strong and beautiful on-screen and can held down every scene she was in. It was tough seeing men's lives crumble under the addiction of gambling...wow. I really applaud the story, however the running time could have been shortened. By the end the movie did feel like it ran longer than what was absolutely necessary...ijs.


If you are a fan of crime dramas, this is a film that delivers. Although I really enjoyed it, I would still say it's not anything I feel you need to run to the theater to see, unless you have 3 free hours on your hand. I do think you need to see it, but with its running time I know I probably would have enjoyed it better on a leisurely day on my couch...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment