Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Movies in Review: "Father Figures"

I seriously was going to have a heart attacked this holiday weekend. You guys know I am all about reviewing the latest movie releases, which usually isn't a problem. However, this weekend there were more than 5 movies released!? Omg...can you say ~dead. I guess it wouldn't have been a big problem if I also didn't have interest in seeing all of them. Out of the 5 I had lined up, I knew one would have to go, so I rolled the dice on Pitch Perfect 3, and Father Figures. As you can see Father Figures won. I hadn't been hearing anything great about PP3, and I thought the trailer for the film was just ok. However I found the trailer for Father Figures more hilarious, and figured if I wanted to see a comedy this would be the better choice.

I wish I had chosen Pitch Perfect 3...smh. Father Figures failed at trying to be too funny. The comedy was so extra that it totally missed the mark. Ed Helms and Owen Wilson weren't the best comedic match. I find Helms very funny alone or with someone more evenly matched than Owen Wilson, who I don't find funny very often. The potty jokes the men had about their mom got repetitive and old very quickly. I found myself dosing off more than laughing. The story didn't come together well, then got weirdly dramatic and depressing at the end. A little too dramatic for a comedy in my opinion.

This was definitely my least favorite movie from the bunch. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a better laugh from Pitch Perfect 3. So if you are looking for a comedy to see this holiday weekend I recommend passing on this one...D

No comments:

Post a Comment