Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Movies in Review: "The Greatest Showman"

I seriously believe they did a great job with the marketing for this film. I was the advertising and marketing that peaked my interest for this film. I liked the trailer, but felt I could take it or leave, and wasn't pressed either way. However it surely became my 2nd movie of interest for this weekend by its release. The cast looked remarkable, but I seriously think the soundtrack also had great deal to do with my decision to see this film as well. I was hoping for great things from The Greatest Showman!

Ok...so call me stupid, but I totally missed that this film is a musical...I wasn't ready. The singing started and I remember feeling annoyed and I didn't think I would be able to sit through a musical (I have to be in the mood). I wanted to give this movie a chance, so I kept myself seated, and I'm happy I did. The movie and singing started out a bit slow, but as more and more characters were introduced the magic started to happen. The singing and choreography gave me goosebumps and chills. The costumes were beautiful, and performances were excellent. Musicals are definitely are definitely where Zac Efron shines, because he was EVERYTHING in this film. Which is an exceptional comment coming from me because I usually find him annoying...lol. Not the case in this film, he was perfect. Everyone was perfect. Can we talk about the singing again. Best film soundtrack this year ~standing ovation. The music was all that for this film...ALL THAT. "Never Enough" by Loren Allred is on repeat for me for the rest of my life...lol.


A very well cast, choreographed, and directed film. The musical performances were exceptional and made the movie everything it needed to be, pure entertainment. I very much enjoyed this film, and probably was the underrated film coming out of the weekend and shouldn't have been. Keep in mind it's a musical, if that's not your thing, but definitely well worth seeing...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment