Monday, December 1, 2014

Movies in Review: "Penguins of Madagascar"

Is there anyone else with me when I say "About Time!"?. It has been almost 10 yrs since the Madagascar movies started and it has taken this long to give those penguins their own movie...smh. It's clear I was looking forward to this movie more than any of the original Madagascar films, although I enjoyed them as well, but my enjoyment came mostly from those penguins...lol.

Ok so giving these penguins shine turned the entertainment value way up. This movie was on high voltage compared to the Madagascar franchise. These penguins are hysterical, and there is never a dull moment with their crazy antics. The kids will have fun watching Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private getting in and out of trouble. I know I enjoyed myself, and my son and nephew also seemed pleased. Just like the Minions for Despicable Me, the Penguins are all anyone wanted to see from Madagascar, and now the day has finally arrived.

I left the theater with a smile on my face, feeling like my entertainment void had been filled. Critics are saying it's more for the kids, lacking full family fun, but I disagree. I think not only the kids, but the family will enjoy it together...B

No comments:

Post a Comment