Monday, December 15, 2014

Movies in Review: "Top Five"

I love how Chris Rock's career has blossomed. I think he can do no wrong, so when I saw the trailer for his new movie Top Five, there was no way I was gonna miss this. I appreciate the way Chris Rock shows love and casts his fellow comedians, giving everyone some shine. I thought the trailer was cute, but not hilarious. My expectations for the comedy was low, but I knew I would still walk out of the theater pleased...and I was.

I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. Chris Rock knows how to tell a story in a way that reaches his audience with a little humor as an added bonus. The movie had some hysterical moments, but the best part about this movie was the overall feel. It was filled with light dark humor, and interesting situations that may be familiar to some people. Everyone in the film looked absolutely beautiful, and Chris gave everyone their fair chance to shine. He should have taken some screen time from Cedric the Entertainer, but that would probably be my only complaint...lol. I was totally crushing on Rosario Dawson's hair. She looked absolutely beautiful. I wish they didn't show all of Kevin Harts scene in the trailer, making it less funny in the movie...Shrugs...

All in all another good one from Chris. It was cute, entertaining, and fun to see some of your favorite comedians, actors/actresses ,ix it up on the big screen. This would be one I would add to the dvd and keep to watch again...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment