Monday, December 1, 2014

Movies in Review: "Horrible Bosses 2"

Well I found this sequel to be totally unexpected. Not that I'm mad about a sequel for Horrible Bosses at all, because I loved the first movie to pieces. To this day, Horrible Bosses is one of my favorite comedies. When I saw the theatrical poster for this film, I immediately started laughing, that's how funny I found the first one to be. Although I didn't think the second movie would add up to the first, there was no way I was going to miss this.

Ok...so I watched this movie yesterday afternoon, and found myself still laughing about some of the scenes this morning...yeah that's how funny this movie was. Now don't get me wrong, not a great movie, but the nonsense happening in the film had me pissing in my pants. I can't with Day, Bateman, and Sudeikis. These men are fools, but have some of the best comedic chemistry I have seen in a while. That payphone scene still has me cracking up in tears even as I write this review. That scene with Bateman and Aniston...smh...wth...hilarious. The only character that was dry in my opinion was Jamie Foxx, who tried to force a laugh, and fell flat. Everything else about the movie I enjoyed.

When a comedy has you laughing out loud, and tearing up in the theater, then it has done its job in my opinion. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Yes it was nonsense, but sometimes a little nonsense is what you need, especially if it's delivered the way Horrible Bosses 2 delivered it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment