Monday, December 22, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

The last and final installment of The Hobbit franchise. Although I was looking forward to this movie, the second installment left such a bad taste in my mouth my expectations for this last movie were kinda low. Besides far too often the finale only leaves you empty, pissed, or without closure. I was hoping this would not be the case for this movie.

This movie started out with a bang, and everything about it was far better than the first 2 movies, although the first film was more endearing for me. This finale had all the right components in it, and the title does it justice, because it was definitely a battle. The battle scenes were beautifully executed and entertaining to look at. The energy is high in this movie, so unlike the other films, a dull moment will be hard to find. The scene with Orlando Bloom's character defying that toppling brigde...Amazing! The Elf and Dwarf armies were spectacular. I could go one and on because my eyes were definitely in awe.

I watched this movie in IMAX 3D, and enjoyed my movie experience. If you can see it in IMAX I would suggest spending the extra few dollars. I don't say this about a lot of movies, but I wouldn't mind seeing this one again...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment