Monday, December 29, 2014

Movies in Review: "Unbroken"

Oh how I love a good war drama. I know I'm not the only one. There haven't been too many war dramas that have left me disappointed. With Angela Jolie in the director's chair I was still confident that she would not fail at giving us a movie that world tear at our heart-strings (don't most war movies do that? lol). I watched the trailer and everything about it read a winner.

Wow...winner indeed. The beginning started out a bit slow, and I felt we got a rushed back story of the main character whose story this is focused around, Louis Zamperini. I mean the story provides enough information about him to not be annoyed or disappointed, but it just felt a bit rushed. However the story movies along well once WWII starts. The story begins to really draw you in and you can start to feel it grip you. Everything following will have you angered, tearful, and hopeful. The actor Jack O'connell who plays Zamperini was just OK. It was the actor who played "The Bird" that stole every scene, and will make you cringe.

The movie wasn't perfect, but had enough to keep you interested in the characters and the story. When a movie moves you emotionally, it has done its job...right!?...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment