Monday, December 29, 2014

Movies in Review: "Big Eyes"

I recall the artwork featured in this biographical drama, it was the story behind the art that I was totally unaware of. Needless to say my interest to see this movie was peaked at the first review of the trailer. It was a bonus that two of my favorite actors, Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams, were cast as the lead characters.

There was nothing overly exciting about this movie, but I think this is what made it so good to me. We had the chance to really get to know the characters, and get involved in the story, which was very well written and performed. There are nice hints of humor that keeps you entertained. Christoph Waltz was superb and over the top as Walter Keane. You will find yourself loving and hating him at the same time. What I love most about a true story is when they show the people behind the movie as they are today, it just adds something extra to seeing their story told on the big-screen...well at least for me.

If you can appreciate a good story with great acting without all the unnecessary hoopla, then this movie is for you. It's a good one to catch as a matinee, or a nice date movie. Although more women will find enjoyment in it than men, it's still a nice film for both parties...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment