Sunday, March 31, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Host"

Out of all the movies that were released this weekend, this was the one I was least looking forward to seeing. I have seen the trailer a several, and found very little intriguing about it, but it still made it on my list to see.

The first thing I have to say that this movie ran longer than it was necessary. It had a running time of 2hrs, but I think 30min of that could have been edited out. The story was decent, but dragged on, which ruined the movie a little. The story could have used more background on how the "Souls" took over earth, instead of only focusing on the love story. The love story got dull quickly, but wouldn't go away. The movie needed a jolt of something, but never received it. I love Saoirse Ronan as "Wander". I enjoyed her character and thought she looked absolutely beautiful. She made the movie bearable, but the ending killed it for me...smh

This is a love story that dragged and did not have enough going on to make me care. This film is nothing exciting. In my opinion, they should have left this story on the pages of the book it came from instead of bringing it to the big screen and almost boring me to death...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment