Sunday, March 17, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Call"

Well la-di-da...wasn't expecting much from this movie. The trailer looked slightly interesting, but with the  disappointment I have been getting from recent films I have lowered my expectations. I think this helped because this movie was better than I expected.

This thriller had me on the edge of my seat. I have a new found respect for 911 operators. I could feel the stress their position can cause. I thought that they did a great job of giving the audience that feeling. I must admit that my opinion about this film may be a little bias because I am a fan of all things that involve solving crimes. Honestly, this movie played out like an extended version of Criminal Minds, which happens to be one of my favorite tv series. I enjoyed Berry, not her hair, but I did like her character. Breslin was great too. It is great to see Chestnut getting more roles too.

This movie wasn't without flaws. There are a few inconsistencies with the story. For example why the first girl and Breslin were not dealt the same fate. I was a little lost about Michael Foster's motive. I think the movie could have provided more background on him. The best part about this film is that it has a nice pace, and keeps you interested. The ending was a little sketchy,but it saved itself before it ruined the movie for me...thank goodness.

The Call is a movie you'd likely enjoy seeing. If you like watching Law & Order, CSI, Criminal Minds, then this film is right up your alley...B+

2 comments:

  1. That wig they put on her was a problem...lol. I use to have a wig like that, thats how fake it looked...lol

    ReplyDelete