Sunday, March 17, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone"

This trailer had to be one of the corniest and least appealing I have seen for a movie this year. It looked like another quirky comedy from Carell and Jim Carrey looked like he took the role just to stay relevant...smh. So needless to say I had no interest at all to see this movie.

I expected this movie to be bad, and it was. It wasn't funny at all, I don't think I chuckled at all. It wasn't horrible, but unfortunately it just wasn't interesting. Steve Carell's character is a lot like everyone else he plays except in this film he gets an extreme wardrobe change. But his comedy has very limited range, so you may not find yourself laughing because you have seen it done before. Buscemi and Carrey didn't add much to the film either. I could hardly stomach anything Carrey was doing on-screen, you may find yourself having an easier time...smh. I did enjoy Arkin's character, but unfortunately his role was very small. The most interesting part in the film was the trick they performed at the end.

I'm pretty sure you were in no rush to see this one, and I recommend you keep it that way. This comedy wasn't that good, at least not good enough to put money on it...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment