Sunday, March 10, 2013

Movies in Review: "21 and Older"

I know I know...a week late with this review, and a dollar short. Well forgive me, when life happens, sometimes the theatre is the last thing on someone's mind. But I am thankful that this weekend proved to be better, and I was able to catch up on the flicks that I missed.

I was on the fence about seeing 21 and Older. I thought it would be another kids movie with comedic content that would be far- reaching. I only went to check it out after being advised from a co-worker that it was definitely worth seeing. As I purchased my ticket, I wasn't expecting much, and thought I would be cursing my co-worker out for even suggesting this as a movie to see. Well to my surprise I will have to thank my co-worker because I really enjoyed this one.

I think many movie-goers felt the same way I did because the movie ranked #3 its opening weekend, and got beat by "Identity Thief". Let me just say this film is way funnier than Identity Thief and is well worth the ticket price. I like that the comedy wasn't of the garbage pail kind, there wasn't a lot of nonsense or unnecessary raunchiness. This movie was funny, and had a decent story to go with it. Miles Teller, the actor who plays Miller, gives you a Vince Vaughn feel for those of you who are fans of Vaughn. I liked that the story blended well and that I cracked up more than once. My favorite scenes being the one in the sorority house...lol...funny.

I am glad that I took the time out to see this one. Finally another comedy I wouldn't mind seeing twice. If you are looking for a laugh, save your money on Identity Thief, and go see this instead...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment