Sunday, March 24, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Croods"

The Croods! Woohoo!...Ok its safe to say that I was looking forward to this one. I haven't seen a decent animated film since Brave...yeah its been a while. However there was nothing that was going to keep me away from meeting The Croods. Why so much interest? I am a huge fan of Emma Stone, and she is the voice of the character Eep. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is her name, and you pronounce it as it is spelled...lol

I liked this movie from the first scene. Such a cute and entertaining family. I loved how the father worked so hard to protect his family. What I didn't like about the father was that he was voiced by Nicolas Cage. I don't know...but the voice and the character didn't really match, and all I could see was Cage's face instead of the character Grug he was voicing...maybe that's just me. No worries because this was the only thing I disliked. The story was very strong and entertaining, and the scenes are kids visual dream. Each character stood out and made the film a joy to watch. It was hilarious to seeing them learning new things, and bicker as a family.

This movie made me smile and laugh. This is a kids movie, but I still think the whole family will enjoy it. If you have little one's, you have to put this movie in your plans...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment