Sunday, March 24, 2013

Movies in Review: "Olympus Has Fallen"

Am I the only one who had no interest in seeing this movie? There was nothing remotely interesting to me about the trailer. Honestly, you get everything you need to know about the movie in the trailer. So if you have seen the trailer, you have seen the movie...smh.

This movie played out exactly as I expected, unbelievable and predictable. The base of this story has been done 10 times over, but Olympus's take on this storyline is far less believable. I am always rooting for Gerard Butler, but I haven't liked anything he has been in since Law Abiding Citizen. Don't get me wrong, HE wasn't bad in Olympus. It was his character that was horrible. Seriously? Am I really suppose to believe that 1 man saves the white house? Come on son!...lame. Butler's character was too good to be true. He's not a super hero, but he's somehow invincible...womp womp. I was bored to death, and caught myself snoring here and there. There are some good attack scenes, but the story bombed.

The men will probably like it better than the women. Sh%t blowing up is usually a guy thing. If there are no naked men in the midst of the exaggerated action scenes, then the women will likely find no use for this film. This movie is not great, and you would feel better seeing it from the comfort of your couch because Olympus simply fell flat...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment