Sunday, March 10, 2013

Movies in Review: "Jack the Giant Slayer"

Many people have anticipated The Oz movie, but I think I have anticipated this one more. I haven't been a fan of all the nursery rhymes and childhood stories being made into movies, but the trailer for this one had me looking forward to its premiere. Unfortunately I saw it a week later than I hoped to, but I made sure to make it into the theatre my first free opportunity hoping I wouldn't face disappointment.

After having an abysmal jan-feb, it seems that movies are on an upswing...finally! I am finally getting my monies worth instead of leaving the theatre with an attitude...lol. With that being said, I loved Jack the Giant Slayer. Nicholas Hoult, you may remember him as Beast in X-men First Class, was a joy to watch. There was something so easy going about him as Jack. He has a "Clark Kent" look about him that had me thinking he was going to go behind a building and the next minute show up in a red and blue spandex suit...lol...but I digress. What Im trying to say is that he was super cute and fit his character well. The only problem I had was with the leather jacket he was dressed in. It looked like it was out of place in the movie. I looked like something you would find at Neiman Marcus...Im just saying.

I always love Ewan McGregor, and his part in this film was no different. I love that McGregor knows how to capture and bring life to the characters he plays. It hardly ever feels like he's acting. I enjoyed every scene he was in, and wished he was in more. I wasn't really a fan of the actress who played the Princess. I can't really put my finger on the problem I had with her, but there was something about her that seemed forced...eh...whatever...

So far Jack has been the best movie I have seen this year. There are a number of great characters, especially the Giants, and I also thought they did an excellent job of bringing this story to life and not messing it up...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment