Monday, March 19, 2012

Movies in Review: "Seeking Justice"

Well its about time Nicolas Cage! I was honestly about to give up on you, and put you in my pile of actor discards. I use to be a huge Cage fan, but I haven't really loved a movie from him since 1998...smh. I actually don't know what made me walk into the theatre to check this one out. I didn't see a trailer, but when searching for movies to view this weekend I did see that a critic gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I was shocked! The fact that Cage was the star still kept me from going to see it. I think it was January Jones, and Guy Pearce that helped to make it a pause for the cause...and I'm glad I did.

This is an action thriller that wasn't short on thrills at all. Cage even seemed back to his old self. He didn't over do it, and was natural as Wil Gerard. Even his hair plugs looked real...kudos to the make up artists on set! He and January Jones worked well together as a married couple in New Orleans. Once Jones's character gets assaulted, the thrills begin. We get brought into this organization that has its hands on everybody it seems. Once Gerard takes a deal from the organization, he finds himself trying to separate himself from it just so he can get his life back. Let me just say, my short synopsis isn't nearly as exciting as what takes place. Every part matters so you have to be able to sit through this one completely.

This movie is an exhilarating ride that is well worth the view. I found myself one the edge of my seat and jumping at some parts...fun. Very entertaining, so I don't think you will be disappointed...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment