Monday, March 19, 2012

Movies in Review: "Detachment"

I really had no idea what this movie was about when I was checking for new releases this weekend. All I needed to see was Adrien Brody's picture on the poster. I guess it helps to maybe read a small write up about the film, especially since I also didn't see the trailer. My weekend could have been turned upside down had I been in a dark space when seeing this film. Let me start this review off by saying...It's Heavy...

Its a drama about a high school education system. Anyone who is a parent, or educator may already know that that's depressing in itself. This movie goes deep into the emotions and mental breakdowns, and insanity these educators go through. It pushes on the issues of parental involvement, or lack there of. As a result, we see how the kids act out in school, and are getting left behind in the education system. There is so much emotion to be evoked from this film, as it also steps into the lives of students and teachers outside of the classroom, personal and emotional struggles, and secrets...Life. Adrien Brody was perfect as a substitute teacher Henry Barthes. His performance was strong and filled with real emotion.

I would recommend this movie. Warning: please do not view this film depressed...I'm just sayin. I think this film is especially great for parents of teenagers who want to pretend like they are not at fault for the way their child is. Its a good film for anyone who is looking for birth control...lol...or maybe that's just me...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment