Monday, March 5, 2012

Movies in Review: "Project X"

Well there is no denying after seeing this movie the party was definitely EPIC beyond words. It was so epic though, it was starting to get boring to watch by the end of the film...smh

The problem I had with this movie is that it was ALL about the party, so sitting there watching an hour of non-stop dancing, sexing, boozing, and utter non-sense may be entertaining to some, but tired me out to no end. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to watch. I think they could have used a little less of the party and a little more about the 4 teenagers who were throwing the party to boost their popularity in school. From what they showed of their school life, they seemed to be average teenagers, not popular, but also not at the bottom of the totem pole either. It seems that social media outlets can get even the "unpopular" kids popular...smh. They made that part waaaaaayyyy too easy, but ok...whatever.

There is honestly very little dialogue. Most of the movie looks like a girl's gone wild music video. All the scenes where there is dialogue are actually very funny scenes. Like I said, I just wish there was less of the party. Anything you could think of and could imagine happen at a teenage party, happened 10 fold. I found it very interesting that the producers only wanted to cast people with no acting experience. The cast was selected from an open casting call...interesting. I thought the 3 main characters were great, and I enjoyed how the movie was filmed to look as a home video. The dog was also a nice added touch.

This movie was very entertaining to watch, but after an hour I was just over it. That could be do to the fact that I'm just too old for that ish...lol. If this helps, because Im sure my review of this didn't, all the members in the audience had a ball watching this, and were clapping by the end...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment