Monday, March 26, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Raid: Redemption"

This will be a very short review for a movie that flew under everyone's radar, since it had a limited release the same weekend as the most anticipated movie The Hunger Games. To be very honest The Raid flew under my radar too. As The Hunger Games was the only major released movie this weekend luckily I was in search of another movie to view since I never want leave you with only one review per week. Weekends like this my movie-going experience is more relaxed and I am able to indulge in Independents or Limited releases. There were about 4 limited released movies that were playing this weekend, and I chose this one...so glad I did.

Movies like these are usually shown in the smaller theatres, and the show I viewed was sold out. Honestly when I read the write-up on this film, it didn't really appeal to me. It was an oddly exceptional rating from a critic that pushed me into the theatre to see what it was about. This movie is a martial art's fanatics dream. The fight sequences were amazing! This movie is packed with so many fight sequences, you will find yourself exhausted by the time the credits start rolling. You could tell the audience was into it because there were plenty of Oooohhh and Aaaaahs and Wow's, as well as other outbursts you can't contain after seeing an awesome hit.

Let me just warn you there are subtitles, but the great thing about this is that you won't even notice. There is hardly any speaking, just enough to give you an idea of whats happening and why. With movies like these, dialogue just takes away from what people actually want to see...ACTION!!! This movie is jam packed full of excitement. Not to say women won't be able to appreciate it, but this has testosterone written all over it. If its in your area men you have to check it out ASAP!...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment