Monday, March 19, 2012

Movies in Review: "21 Jumpstreet"

Wow this movie rocked at the box office! But Im not really surprised. 21 Jumpstreet was one of the best television series to watch in the late 80's, and anyone who was a fan of the show wanted to see how horribly they were going to do with this movie...I know I did. Well to my surprise, it wasn't half bad.

Unlike the tv series, the film is more comedy driven, so it makes it still different enough to separate it from the show. There are still certain aspects about the show that they kept in the film of course. If its a comedy, Jonah Hill will always be a perfect fit. Im not a Channing fan, but I must admit that I do find his comedic ventures to be a good fit. Tatum and Hill were hilarious together. They were over the top in almost every scene, but it made for a fun comedy. Ice Cube was uber loud and seemed to also lay it on heavy, but it kinda worked, so I cant say Im mad at his performance. I enjoyed the cameos made by the actors/actresses from the television series, especially Johnny Depp.

Although piggy backing off a very popular tv series, I enjoyed how the filmed poked fun at this fact, but still had enough going on to make it different and fun. The ending made it clear that they are leaving this one open for a sequel, and if there is one, Im there...B

No comments:

Post a Comment