Monday, March 12, 2012

Movies in Review: "John Carter"

This movie was expected to be a blockbuster hit, although I couldn't see it with a PG-13 rating and "Disney" stamped on it. John Carter ranked #2 its opening weekend, raking in a disappointing 30million in ticket sales...smh. From what I watched in the trailer, I just didn't get it, and definitely didn't find anything exciting about it. I only went to see it because of all the buzz that seemed to be surrounding it. And after seeing it...I still don't get it.

Not that I didn't get the movie, I still don't get what all the buzz and hype was about surrounding this film. I mean...it was just ok...eh. The story was mediocre, but the action was decent. I got a little lost in the relevance for some of the characters, and there are too many to name. The movie could have used more focus in my opinion. I enjoyed Taylor Kitsch, and felt he fit the character John Carter very well. He was a strong main character, it was the other characters that seemed to fall apart around him, aside from the "green" people, and his pet "dog".

I thought the movie was ok, but maybe I was expecting too much. It felt as if they had a ceiling on how far they would push this film, and that ceiling was that PG-13 rating...smh. This movie could have been a blockbuster...eh...or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Kids would rather see The Lorax instead of this because there are too many components that don't reach them, and there are too many missing components to keep an adult totally interested.

Don't get me wrong...it wasn't horrible...but it wasn't GREAT either. I wouldn't waste the money on 3D, and I might suggest you also wait for this on demand as it actually felt like a made for TV movie...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment