Monday, March 12, 2012

Movies in Review: "Friends With Kids"

This comedy is written, directed, and produced by Jennifer Westfeldt who also stars in this film as Julie (one of the main characters). With this being her first film, I would give her a pat on the back for a job well done.

This movie had a great cast, which consisted of most of the actors/actresses we loved from the film Bridesmaids, in addition to Westfeldt and Adam Scott. I found the intro to be a little annoying as we get introduced to the 2 main characters having a phone conversation, which was cute, but when the music starts and the introduction credits play, I found the back and forth going in and out of scenes to be nerve racking...maybe it was just me...lol.

As the movie gets going the dialogue seems less structured so it felt like the characters were real, although I did find the writing to be weak at spots, but nothing that will having you complaining too much. There are a number of comedic actors/actresses cast in this film, so you will easily find yourself chuckling. I found the story to be good, but also a little depressing. I honestly felt that bringing a kid into the relationship is just a means to an end...you will see what I'm talking about...depressing. Knifed up beauty Megan Fox makes an appearance, and for the first time, she didn't annoy me. She was even a little decent playing her character as a broadway actress. The sad part about her is that she's starting to resemble and anorexic Lindsay Lohan. Megan use to be gorgeous! Now?...not so much...

Anyway...I enjoyed the movie for the most part. They could have cut down on the back and forth between the 2 main characters, but it is what it is. This movie felt like something that I would have enjoyed better on a night at home instead of on the big screen. If you need a matinee choice, this would be a good one, if not, you will be ok with holding out for this in Red Box...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment