Monday, August 1, 2011

Movies in Review: "Crazy Stupid Love"

This movie came in 5th place its opening weekend bringing in only 19.3 million, well below what it cost to make this film. Its unfortunate too, because this happened to be my favorite movie from this weekend. What I enjoyed so much is that it did not play out as you think it would if you have seen the trailer. It is quite comical, but would you expect anything else from Steve Carrell, who always delivers. But outside of Carrell, was everyone else he had backing him up, who were just as great.

There is Ryan Gosling, who had me fanning myself the whole time...Damn that man is fine! If this movie teaches men anything it should be to find and wear clothing that actually fit you...I'm just saying. The only thing that bothered me with Ryan's character is that he starts off sounding like an Italian mobster. I thought the accent was a bit thick, but it won't totally ruin it for you. Emma Stone is always great to watch, as was Julianne Moore, Kevin Bacon and others. My favorite character was Carrell's 13yr old son played by actor Jonah Bobo. He was absolutely perfect, and seemed to be the glue for the entire film. The writing couldn't have been better. So if you thought this movie was questionable I hope this review helped in your decision to go check it out. Its a fun feel good movie, and I would recommend it if your in the need of a pick me up...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment