Monday, August 22, 2011

Movies in Review: "Fright Night"

Yet another remake...Is there a shortage of ideas out there. Everything is getting remade nowadays, I guess they can't see that people are not interested in remakes. This film totally flopped at the box office its opening weekend bringing in only 8.3 million dollars...smh. I am not really a fan of horror films, so I've never seen the original. The only reason I went to see this one was because I thought Colin Farrell looked great as the vampire. After seeing the film, he was as good as I thought he would be. I'm glad to see him back on the big screen after not really being around for a minute.

This movie wasn't a real serious horror film, it was actually kind of comedic, in a good way. I thought that it still provided enough fright as well though. I can't say that its necessary to see it in 3D, which could have been part of the reason why it did so poorly at the box office, because it really wasn't a bad film. Out of all the movies I watched this weekend, this was actually my favorite one. There's enough going on to keep you interested, the story is not totally stupid, and it keeps you a little scared. I liked. Nothing to rush out and see, but not a bad watch...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment