Monday, August 29, 2011

Movies in Review: "Our Idiot Brother"

Another movie I had no interest in seeing just because I am not a huge Paul Rudd fan either. I mean he's ok, and I don't dislike him as much as Katie Holmes, but the trailer for this film was just ok to me also. However, it was receiving exceptionally positive reviews, and I wouldn't be doing my followers justice if I didn't provide you with my opinion of movies even I don't want to see. So here is what I thought....

It is a comedy, but wasn't outrageously comical. Now this isn't a bad thing, because what it had going for it was a really great story of family and the comical parts of that. The comedy in this movie is not always right in your face. There is alot of humor in the subtle things each character says, or the expressions on their faces, or actions or reactions to things. Just to cut to the chase...it was the best movie I viewed this weekend, I liked it, and it was funny enough. I adored Paul Rudd in this film, and thought he played a great "idiot brother". I didn't leave the theatre screaming "OMG that movie was awesome!!!". I did however leave with a smile, and the feeling that I had gotten my monies worth... for a matinee. I think you will enjoy it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment