Monday, August 22, 2011

Movies in Review: "One Day"

Another film based from another book, this movie was just OK. I can say that I actually loved Anne Hathaway in this one though. She doesn't always do it for me in all her movies, but this character I think she hit spot on. Her English accent was perfect, as well as the way she blossomed beautifully as the yrs went by. I never want to completely give a film away in my reviews, but this movie kinda just putts along until the big part very close to the end. The movie ran a bit long too,  I felt that they could have cut at least 1/2 hr out of it. The only feeling I got was from the event at the end, which left my heart wrenching...smh. All in all, a movie that is more suited for the girls, or mother/daughter outing. When I went to the theatre there were nothing but 20-65 aged women there with a few men who got dragged in by their wives/girlfriends. Not a bad movie for a rainy day in, or matinee, or if you happen to see it come on TV...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment