Monday, August 1, 2011

Movies in Review: "Cowboys and Aliens"

Come on! You know that when you saw the trailer for this movie you were thinking it looked weird. Or maybe that was just me. Half the reason I even went to see this film was because Ron Howard's name was behind it as a producer...I trust Ron Howard's name on anything so needless to say I went to see it. It tied at the box office with The Smurfs...lol. It brought in 36.2 million, which doesn't sound bad, but it cost 163 million to make this film, so the premiere could be considered a flop. But anyway...

The movie actually didn't start off that bad, and was actually looking like a great cowboy film. It had all the elements of a really good western, with Harrison Ford, and Daniel Craig leading. But as the trailer leads, things got out of sorts and weird when the aliens came on screen...smh. It was just all a bit too unbelievable to me. I mean come on! These aliens were huge! And you have about 30-50 cowboys and indians shooting their pop guns and arrows at them...come on...not likely that there would truly be any human survivors...smh. I think I missed some important info concerning Olivia Wildes character because the next thing I know she is being resurrected from the dead...ummmmm wht? But like I said, I think I missed something...lol. The sad part about it is that if it were not for the Aliens, this film would have been great. Idk...check it if you'd like. There is enough to keep you entertained thats for sure. I didn't dislike it, I just thought the concept was stupid...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment