Monday, October 11, 2010

Movies in Review: "Life as we Know it"

I was sooooo looking forward to seeing this film. I thought they really had a very entertaining trailor, and I must admit I was hooked on seeing it after viewing the trailor once. But I must admit in the back of my mind, I thought it wasn't going to be as great as the trailor. So when I bought my ticket to view the film, my fingers were crossed, hoping I could give this movie a good review. Eh...can't say I can give it a good one, maybe just a decent one. I am officially over Katherine Heigl! I was a total fan, and actually enjoyed her first couple of films. Her quirkiness, I found to be humorous. But it is plain to see that this women has absolutely no acting range. She has either been type cast, and hasn't figured it out yet, or she's just unable to play any other character...SMH. On top of the fact that the movie was very predictable, it easily became a yawner. What kept it alive for me were the other co-stars, like the neighbors. They added a very nice touch of much needed humor. And the film actually did a very good job a getting the best infant to play Sophie. She/they were perfect. Josh Duhamel I didn't mind at all. I think he's a decent actor, so how could he mess up this simple role. The movie was a C- at best. Best to be seen as a rental, on a rainy day just because nothing else is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment