Monday, October 11, 2010

Movies in Review: "It's Kind of a Funny Story"

A light-hearted film about depression (if thats even possible). I found comfort in some of the comical relief provided in this film, because at times I found myself attaching myself to thoses feelings of depression that I sometimes have. I think it gracefully touched on this hard topic. Depression is real, and we all know it...to see it presented on film the way that it was, made it easy to handle. Could everyone find something they can relate to in this film...I'd have to say yes. Keir Gilchrist brought life to his character by not making it look forced, but real as a teen confused and anxious about all of the things he's having to deal with in his life. The other co-stars were great. And this time Zach wasn't trying so hard to be funny, and there was some seriousness to his character that worked really well. The film was cool. But keep in mind thats it's a drama-comedy, so the content is not all fun and games. I give it a B...

No comments:

Post a Comment