Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Movies in Review: "Buried"

OK soooooo I'm super late with this one. Kinda flew under my radar because it was not widely released. But I went to check it out because I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds, and would most likely go see anything he's in. I had an idea of what the film was about from the trailer, but was SMH when the starting credits rolled, and Ryan Reynolds name was the only acting credit listed for the film. The movie is 1hr 40 min long, I was like OMG the whole movie is actually going to be in a box!

Honestly the 1st 20-30 min, I was starting to get a little annoyed because I wanted to see more visually. The way it was filmed, I was starting to feel claustrophobic, and wanted out. Ryan did a great job of having you feel exactly what his character was feeling. The phone calls kept it gripping, and chilling. The calls helped you to visualize the people on the other end, and give you a story that was happening outside the box. Still one of my favorite actors, Ryan Reynolds held it down. The film gets more thrilling as it continues, and the ending will leave your jaw dropping. I give this movie a B+ rating only because the 1st 20 min dragged a bit for me. If your not able to catch it in the theatres before it exits, definitely catch it on rental!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to see this movie! Ryan saw it and said it was really good ... something about a snake in his pants. I finally have a day off on Tuesday and we will discuss what movie I should see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well u might wanna check this one because I'm sure its not gonna be in theatres much longer. And it was really good. My seconde recommendation would be secretariat. I think you will really enjoy that one. Let me know what u think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete