Monday, July 16, 2018

Movies in Review: "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation"

I'm not the biggest fan of this Hotel Transylvania franchise. I honestly get surprised every time another sequel is released. I mean seriously. It took 14yrs just to get a sequel for The Incredibles, a film that was nothing short of AMAZING! However, in 6 years we are now on our 3rd Hotel Transylvania movie...Huh? But anyway...moving on. This franchise seriously makes me cringe at times, as the trailer did for this 3rd installment. I honestly don't hate the films, but I don't love them enough to feel additional movies are needed...ijs. The only reason I went to see this movie is because I have an obligation to my kid, and he was excited about this movie. I even offered the beach or movie for entertainment this weekend, and this dude chose the movie...smh. I wasn't expecting to write a review, as I had all intentions of being asleep, but to my surprise, I'm sitting here writing this review...lol.

I don't know what it was about this movie, but it felt better than the first 2 films. To me, it was better than the first 2. The first movie was ok, but I wasn't a fan of the sequel, however this third installment was a total rebound. The energy in the theater was even different. The kids and adults were all entertained as I sat with my kid in a sold-out theater. All the characters from the previous films reprised their roles, however it was the additional characters like Kathryn Hahn as Erika Van Helsing, that really put this movie over the top. Blobby was another fave of mine..."Hi Bob!"...lol. The animation was on point, and I loved that they incorporated more music in this film. That really got the kids involved. The story for this film felt like it had more depth and wasn't only focused on Dracula. Sandler seemed to have far less scenes, or more shared ones than he did in the first 2 films, and this was a positive in my opinion.

Needless to say, I didn't fall asleep, I was too busy dancing, singing, and being entertained. I loved the message this film presented, this was the best part. You know the movie is a winner when you walk out the theater and your kid turns to you and says "That was a good movie. Right Mommy?". Yes, it was...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment