Monday, September 25, 2017

Movies in Review: "Kingsman: The Golden Circle"

Eggsy's Back!!! Woooohoooo...I know I can't be the only one excited after seeing the first film. The first movie was off the chain, and I've been anticipating a sequel, although I was highly pissed that they offed Harry, played by Colin Firth, in the first film. I didn't know why they thought that was a good idea. However I guess they felt the same way because Harry appeared in the trailer for this second film...hmmmmmmm...definitely interested to see how they were able to work that magic...lol. My excitement level was on 10, and I couldn't wait to see what this next installment had to offer.

This movie started out with action from the door. The first action sequence however was so over-stylized. I kind of loved the understated and smooth action sequences in the first film. Thar first car scene was way unbelievable and kind of turned me off a bit. But no worries, it did get better...sort of. You can tell a film wants to take a movie in a different direction with future films when they pretty much kill off everyone that returned from the first...womp womp. I'm not mad at that, I just think they could have done it in a better way. So needless to say, new characters were introduced, which I loved. Whose idea was it to cast Elton John? Best idea ever, he was one of my favorites in the movie...lol.

I loved the other action sequences, although I felt the introduction to Channing Tatum's character was a little corny. Halle Berry's character didn't really shine in this film and was too understated for me. The way they brought Harry back had me giving it a side-eye, but I'm going to let them have that, it was nice to have him back.


This film definitely has some work to do for the next installment, and one of the things they need to change is the longer than needed running time for this movie. They also need to work on keeping the move and actions sequences classy, but well done. This installment didn't pack the punch of the first film, but I still left the theater entertained...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment