Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Movies in Review: "American Made"

I am probably one of the only Tom Cruise fans left, as it seems he doesn't really pack in the theaters the way that he use to anymore. However there probably isn't a film that he stars in that I wouldn't see. I enjoy his performances, especially in action movies. They trailer for American Made was nothing riveting, it looked like something Cruise was well suited for, and still something I'd enjoy watching. What surprised me was that critics were praising this film, unlike the reception of his other previous movies. So now I was definitely expecting to see something great!

This movie and Tome Cruise were good, not great, but good enough for me. There was nothing exceptional about Cruise's performance. His personality fit well with this story, but his performance was much like what we see in other films. He is always a delight to watch and seems to shine on-screen. He always seems to get out of every situation with a big wide grin, even when he's scared, he's smiling...lol. I enjoyed the story, although I've ready it's very loosely based on what actually happened. I think the movie felt a bit longer than I think it needed, but other than that, still very entertaining. There were some great flight scenes and we found Cruise's character in some very interesting situations.

All in all, not a bad film, if you are a fan of Cruise's work. The film was a bit too long for my tastes, but that would be about my only complaint. Cruise is Cruise in this film and as he is in other films, but it worked better I guess for this story. I just don't want you thinking Cruise's performance was out of the box based on what critics have been saying...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment