Monday, September 11, 2017

Movies in review: "It"

We all know how I feel about horror films, I'm not the biggest fan. So before I go any further, No, I didn't see the original film. Seriously? Why would I do that? Why would I ruin my childhood and hold on to a fear of clowns for no reason...smh. I probably wouldn't have seen this one either, but there has been so much hype about it, and so much talk about how great the original was, I figured I was old enough and could handle whatever this movie had to offer now. Who am I kidding...the trailer for this movie had me shook, and there was no way I was walking into that theater without support. Thank goodness I had it, or this review would not have happened...lol.

Ok...Sooooooo...I'm going to punch anyone who decides to dress up as Pennywise this Halloween...seriously. I don't want that clown anywhere near me. It is clear this movie put fear in my heart, but it also satisfied my entertainment taste buds. When I wasn't being scared to death, I was really enjoying all the other components of the film, especially the young actors that were cast. They really cast a great group of kids, who each had me cracking the hell up. I could seriously watch them all day. The story had a great story and good performance, and humor that balanced out being scared and grossed out at times...lol.


 I think this movie may have scared me more than I think it would most of you, but it's still a movie worth seeing, if just for the laughs, which this movie has plenty of. I find most horror films to either be corny or just screamer flicks, but this was neither. A well rounded, good horror flick...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment