Monday, September 18, 2017

Movies in Review: "American Assassin"

I wasn't too thrilled about the new releases this weekend. If my weekend plans hadn't fallen through I probably would have skipped out on the movies this weekend. However since my schedule opened up, I did what I had to do to keep this blog updated...lol. One this is for sure, out of the 2 major released films I was only spending my time watching 1. American Assassin won because fans, not critics, like it much more than the other major released film. I was happy with my choice as the action in the trailer looked kick ass, but my expectations for anything else I was unsure of.

I think I really wanted to like this movie, but the more I sat with it, I couldn't take how absolutely stupid it was. The storyline was weak as hell. It had not base, and therefore no structure. It fell apart at the seams. Everything about the story was unbelievable and weak. I mean don't get me wrong, the action sequences were decent, and the best part about the movie, but that's not saying much. The opening scene would have you believe you are in for something great, but it all goes downhill from there. The movie had a Jason Bourne-esq type of feel, but the feel was all it had. How is the main character able to get away with so much and out of so many situations? His character could have used better development in my opinion...eh.


Although this film wasn't one of my favorites many of you might ignore the huge holes in the story and some of the nonsense happening. There are enough gun and fight scenes to cloud a movie-goers judgement...lol. I wouldn't advise paying to see this one. There are definitely better movies out there like this, and more to be released. Save your coins and check it out on cable TV...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment