Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Movies in Review: "I Do...Until I Don't"

It's been a bit slow on the movie front the past couple of weeks. I won't be surprised if you've heard nothing about the 2 movies I am reviewing from this weekend because I heard nothing about them either. However in making my movie plans, I came across this film, as there were really no major released films dropping this weekend, or at least any that I wanted to see. After watching the trailer, I thought it looked ok, I loved the cast and I was in the mood for a comedy. I had very little expectations, except I did expect to laugh...unfortunately this wasn't the case.

Some films take a minute to get going as we are introduced to the story and characters, and I feel I gave this film it's time to develop. Unfortunately it didn't develop into much. I spent most of the movie waiting for it to get funny. Do you know how nerve racking it is to sit in a theater to watch a comedy and not laugh at all? That alone was a serious waste of my time. The movie was well cast but these actors couldn't bring any life to the stale writing. There were so many comedic opportunities that were missed in this film, and it was kind of annoying to watch. I was hoping things would get better but it also failed miserably in the end. Yes there were some things to take away when it comes to relationships, but nothing really exciting or anything that came across well. All of it was just kind of corny ~shrugs.

I was hoping to have something positive to say about this movie, but after thinking about the film for a few days, I realized I left the theater really unsatisfied with what I saw. This movie had talent and a story that never reached its potential...D

No comments:

Post a Comment