Monday, August 21, 2017

Movies in Review: "Logan Lucky"

If I can be honest, I was totally skeptical about this film. I thought the trailer was a little goofy and it starred Channing Tatum. By now you should know I have a love hate relationship with Tatum's performances. Hardly any of the roles he gets cast for, do I think he should have been cast for...including this one. To me Tatum always feels like the odd man out. Like he doesn't quite fit the character he's playing ~shrugs. Having Tatum cast in a film is enough to weaken my enthusiasm, however this film had far more going for it. The movie stayed on my radar because it was directed by Steve Soderbergh, who also directed the Ocean 11 films (which are some of my favorite films), and it also starred Daniel Craig, and other notable actors. This was about the only wide released film critics raved about this weekend. However I wasn't as optimistic, but took my chances anyway.

I am so happy I went to see this movie. It was like watching Ocean's 11 reincarnated with hillbillies and convicts...lol. You know how great that Ocean's 11 franchise was, and I've always wished that franchise would return. Well I can finally say it has. I felt a little lost at the beginning of the film, as I wasn't really sure where the story was headed. However the movie moved at a really nice pace and is filled with a number of interesting and funny characters. There are plenty of comedic moments like Ocean's 11, but with its own new flavor. I only had one complaint, and that was the scene that involved the firetruck. Where'd the uniforms go (that's all I will say about that)?


If you like the Ocean's 11 films, then you will love Logan Lucky. A fun and entertaining movie to watch. I'd like to thank this film for giving Hilary Swank a job...Heeeeeeeyyyyyy Hilary. Where have you been girl???? Logan Lucky was great and I think you need to get on board and see it because there will definitely be a sequel...A

No comments:

Post a Comment