Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Movies in Review: "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets"

To be quite honest, I had very little interest in seeing this film upon reviewing the trailer, and it had a great deal to do with who was cast in the film. I'm not the biggest fan of the model turned actress Cara Delevingne, who continues to get cast in roles that are beyond her abilities (which would include all acting roles)...ijs. The only thing that changed my mind about seeing this film was that the trailer was visually appealing, and to my surprise, critics gave it a pretty decent rating...considering. So against my better judgement, and my fear that I might be missing out on something, I went to see...and I'm not that happy about this decision.

I really do have to stop listening to critics, because they know nothing. This film was damn near awful...seriously. It was 45min too long and dull as hell. Yes it was visually appealing, at times, but those scenes were short. The story was all over the place and had a lot going on, that at times didn't make sense. I wasn't a fan of the acting, especially from the model, and the love story they tried to throw in the mix was corny. The best parts included scenes that included those 3 creatures who looked like ducks, and surprisingly the character named Bubble, played by Rihanna. To add insult to all the time I wasted in the theater, the ending was the worse...Uuuugggghhhh. You guys know how I hate a stupid ending!


I left the theater tired and annoyed. The only good thing that came out of it was that I didn't actually pay for the film, as I snuck into the theater after seeing another film, because I would have definitely wanted my money back. I don't think anyone has 3hrs to waste, so I suggest you stay far away from this one. There were some decent moments, but none that are worth paying for this film...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment