Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Movies in Review: "Girl's Trip"

Let's just keep it real...we women love to get together with our girlfriends! So there should be no surprise at all the excitement around this film, especially from the ladies. We all love a girls trip, but sometimes life prevents us from these much needed getaways, and this film was a reminder to most that a girl's get together is in order. I was going to see this movie alone, as I do with most of my movie outings, but was blessed to have a few friends who wanted to see this film as much as I did. So just like most viewers for this film, we made it a girl’s night out. I had very high hopes for this film, especially surrounding all the hype. My fingers were crossed that I would walk out of the theater pleased and with expectations met.

I can say I was all smiles when I left the theater. This film definitely delivered on laughs, eye candy, and an entertaining movie experience. I was very pleased. Now this is not to say that this film was perfect or as great as all your friends are saying. It's good, and I loved the cast performances, but this movie wouldn't have been half of what it was if it wasn't for Tiffany Haddish. Now Regina Hall can hold down a film with her comedic chops, but that wasn't her role in this film. The comedy was held down by Haddish, who did an excellent job. I admit that I was expecting a little bit more from the story, but the laughs made up for it, not to mention it was just a feel good movie.


I enjoyed the time I had in the theater with my girlfriends, and this film reminded me of the bond that I love and share with my own sister-friends. I had a good time watching this film, and this is what mattered to me the most when it comes to rating it, because it honestly wasn't great, but it is good enough to gather your girls a check it out...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment