Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Movies in Review: "Despicable Me 3"

Here we are on another adventure with Gru, now with his family, and Minion crew. I swear these Despicable movies never get old and have been great so far. When I watched the trailer for this 3rd installment, I liked where they were taking the story. Despicable Me has some great writers that have this story progressing in a way that makes sense and is still very entertaining. My kid is a minion fan, as I am, so we were both looking forward to see this one. I walked into the theater with the same expectations I carry with me each time I see these films, there was no doubt I would walk out of the theater unsatisfied.

How can you not love this franchise? Steve Carrell is always on point with his humor and very entertaining. I love how Gru's character has turned into the family man as a doting father and husband, and transitioning from a villain to an anti-villain. Gru's wife, played by Kristen Wiig, has always been one of my favorite new additions to this franchise and she also shined in this film as well. I liked that all characters received enough screen time, and the story wasn't just focused on Gru's twin brother (whose character I also loved). The story is well rounded, and has enough entertainment for the whole family. Not only is the movie good, but the musical score is everything. Pharrell Williams and The Despicable Me franchise are a match made in heaven. I could imagine someone else writing the score for these films...can you?


The first film is by far my favorite, but this 3rd installment doesn't disappoint. From the opening weekend box office numbers, it is apparent that we all know that Despicable Me is family entertainment at its best. These films are as entertaining for the parents as they are for the kids...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment