Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Movies in Review: "The Big Sick"

I love a good romantic comedy, especially one with a fun, quirky feel to it. When I watched the trailer for this film I was definitely like "Oh! This looks cute!” I think I have a thing for all things cute...lol. The trailer made me smile and sparked my interest. I haven't had the time to indulge in as many movies as I would like this summer (a sister has been BUSY), so I was happy I was able to make time on a Tuesday. This movie isn't being wide released until this Friday, so I kind of feel like I'm ahead of the game with this review...lol.

Was this movie worth seeing??? I was questioning it a bit at the beginning. I wasn't laughing much, and kind of felt a little annoyed at how it started ~shrugs. However, please don't let this comment worry you, because the movie was really good...like really. I think Kumail is a funny comedian on his own but the comedic chemistry between him and the actress who played his girlfriend Emily was magical. They played off each other so perfectly, their exchanges were some of the best parts in the film. I wasn't a fan of the comedy show scenes, especially since the comedians kept telling the same jokes. My favorite scene from the comedy show involved Ray Romano and Holly Hunter. That scene had me dying. The family dinner scenes were really great and some of the most entertaining. 


This movie wasn't all humor and gets a little emotional, although still keeping comedy in the foreground. This movie doesn't miss a beat or hitch, except maybe at the beginning, but definitely rounds out well in the end. This is a good movie. It's written well and has a cast that gives great performances. The humor wasn't forced, or over the top, it just felt like life, and I enjoyed it...A

No comments:

Post a Comment